Wednesday, November 16, 2011

On Skyrim awesomeness

No reason for this other than to post some pics of my further adventures in Skyrim....

<<<<< Visual Spoilers - You have been warned >>>>>



So the Greybeards finally let me climb the mountain to see their leader, providing me with another awesome shout in the process. And it turns out he's...A Dragon. Who'd a thunk it. This conversation went on for a good half hour, but for me, proof of immersion and power of the storyline that my eyes didn't just glaze over when it comes to the lore and a bit of exposition.

I don't just kill random dragons, but it has to be said, its becoming a fairly regular occurrence.



And with the chance for screenshots like this, I'm not complaining. Lydia my housecarl doing a fine job here, her arrows still visible in his side.



A Harry Potteresque interlude at the College of Winterhold.



But even in the college we're not safe from dragon attack....



Oh hello...what's this..?
Absolutely gorgeous landscape and sunset by the way..



"So, how's the mammoth business these days? Helloo...? No?" He's a giant of few words.



Argh, another frickin dragon... ok Mr, its 1 v. 5, how do you like those odds?



Toasty.



Thanks Mr Giant dude. Sorry about your mammoths by the way...



Killing bandits beneath the aurora borealis.



Has he seen me yet..?



Ext. Outside a cave.

Lydia: Oh, a cave. I wonder what's inside...

Int. Inside a cave.

Lydia: I don't like the look of this.

Me either... very scary moment further in.

and lastly,



So much awesome going on in this shot. Kiting this dragon up the hill in search of cover and vantage points for my bow we barrel into a random bear. Who is Vuljotnaak? He bought it like all the others (with a little help from the bear) but I'm not sure of his significance as yet.

So there we are. I'm level 15 and have a mountain of main and side quests. This game is still amazing and exciting me at every turn. I'm driven to progress the plot rather than my character which is just such a nice break from MMOs where its always the opposite and I'm blissfully unaware of how far into the game I am. So despite all the complaints (my thoughts largely echoed through the blogosphere), its still very much a 5 star game for me.

Happy adventuring Dovakhin....

No comments:

Post a Comment